Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why Did I Have to Ruin It?

While cleaning the basement (a good sign that the boys are in trouble,) the boys were having a typical conversation. Everybody was happy when all the sudden Riley breaks into his little tear-filled whine:

"I woke up, I thought it was going to be such a good day today. I had high hopes."

"Yeah," agreed Shannon.

"It was going to be such a good day, I was sure of it."

"I know, me too. Everything was going great," Shannon assented.

A deep pause took over and in unison Shannon and Riley mumbled, "...until MOM woke up!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened ? You make your kids mad? Oh I know why watching the siding get repaired, why dont you just watch paint dry. It has the same effect. Target has a pool for $51.49 its even big enough for you to get into.

Colleen said...

Yes, I did, Mr. Anonymous (aka Steve, I bet.)

Those people in New Jersey don't even know their own names.

I've seen several decently priced pools, the only problem is that I don't want a big circle of dead grass in my yard.

Call me crazy, I hate trying to get grass to grow.

Anonymous said...

Grass, My feeling on grass is "the deader the better". When its dead you dont have to cut it. Colleeen tell Ken and the boys we said hi. Ps. Kill the grass and get back on your boys good side

Colleen said...

Steve,

I just told the boys you'd be coming to get them. They said a week in New Jersey in a yard with nothing but dead grass and a swim pool sounds like fun.

I'm back on their good side, now. Thanks for the idea! (And the week without the kids...)

Ummm... Kathy's gonna be in charge, right?

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

My first comment - here it goes.....

Thanks for going to Where The Wild Things Are with
us!!!! :)

My daughter and I truly enjoy your'e company. Thanks for being such great neighbors.

The corey's

Colleen said...

Go Tiffany! I was just gonna post about that...

JunesHGP said...

ok - finally - my turn to bug you -
Ummm, can we get a new post already - it's been like 2 days man

Colleen said...

Oh, I was posting as you wrote that, chicky...