Saturday, July 12, 2008

Watching the World Go By

Well, we've spent a lot of time watching things lately. Friday I took the boys to an outdoor theater production of Where the Wild Things Are, where Corey shook his little booty every time the music kicked up. Then I dropped the boys off with their Dad and returned to the park to watch Pirates of Penzance, which was actually a really funny performance.

Today we all got to watch as my neighbor's entire stick built fence was erected in one day. I tell you, this was way more satisfying than watching siding repair, and the completion of this fence has an added bonus in that there should be no more doggie poo in my yard.

After a while I grew restless and decided to go and see the movie Hancock. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great. Then I came home and watched Ken, his butt still glued to the recliner, enthralled with setting new records on the Tetris game I'd recently downloaded onto my IPod.

I can only watch Ken kill a day in the recliner for so long, so after a little nagging (!) on my part, I sat back and watched Ken install my new Husker flag and pole. If the wind blows in the right direction, it actually reads as an 'N.' If the wind blows in the wrong direction, it's an inverted 'N.' Any other Huskers have this problem?

Ken wasn't content with seeing the Husker flag flying by itself, so soon we had the Buckeye flag up, too. Naturally, the Husker flag is much more impressive; it's new, it's on a nice new pole, and it flies a few inches higher than the Buckeye flag. However, in viewing our house to the North, the flags together read 'NO,' while viewing to the south, they read 'ON.' Any other Husker/Buckeye households have this problem?

And here's one more picture of the boys, who were told to go stand by the flag that they liked the best.

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

No problem with the way the Husker flag flies in Nebraska. Maybe it is just having a hard time adjusting to the "location".

If you would have put the buckeye flag on the east side of the house, there wouldn't be any problem with how the flags read.

Love the pictures, but kinda wonder if you coached the boys on what flag to go stand by ??

I don't think too many Husker/buckeye households have that problem, as most Huskers don't fall for buckeyes....

love you too

Colleen said...

Hmm... just what are you trying to say, Grandma.

Love the idea for the location of the Buckeye flag, I'll have to pass that one by Ken.

(She's saying to put the Buckeye flag in the BACK of the house...)

JunesHGP said...

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's not as windy in Michigan as it is in Nebraska. That's why your flags don't flap.

:) Kellie