Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Carpenters

Sorry, no sappy love songs today, I'm talking about carpenter ANTS! I'm 99.9% sure that my suspicions will be verified this afternoon by my friendly local Orkin man. These ants (some with wings) swarm at night and die right there because of the bait traps. Note that I just swept the garage floor completely clean before this last swarm. Double click on the pictures to enlarge.

Those big dark clumps are pile of dead/dying ants.

This is one area they come out of, by my smoking stoop.

Toys are not safe from the multitudes...

See the light brown pile? That's the wood they extract from my walls to make their tunnels. See all the dark brown piles? Those are dead ants. This floor was perfectly clean when I went to bed last night.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

PS, it's not wood they're pushing out, it's sandy soil.