Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Colony

Okay... the good news, they're a variety of soil ants and they are treatable with standard measures. The bad news, this was the second worst infestation my Orkin man has ever witnessed and it could take a while to get them under control.

The fridge and tool chest in our garage will have to go for a while so the joints can be treated, and then the fridge will probably go just because it's heat and moisture create a perfect climate for a rapidly multiplying colony. There could be over 20,000 ants down there, I was told.

If you're confused, read my previous post.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Wo-hoo, crazy storm going through with straight line winds out of the North at at least 60 MPH.

Neighbors BB hoop just blew over and a trash can and kiddie tent just flew by my house! Rain, rain, rain!!!

Colleen said...

BTW, Ken says he's going to take care of this problem himself.

Not going to pay Orkin what they're asking, and he knows what he's doing. Guess I'll continually have additional ant pictures for you. (Yes, I am furious.)

Colleen said...

Oh, I wish you luck with that! Some things are best left to the professionals. We actually had carpenter ants earlier this year. I tried fighting them off. They were gone for a little while and then more of them came, this time with wings! Gave me the heebie jeebies and ours didn't look like nearly the problem you have! We're paying Orkin the big bucks because the thought of my baby crawling around with them just gives me hives!

Bobbie said...

Another ant story??

Think you are going to get any sympathy from me after the hard time you gave me?

Good luck. I know how you feel.