Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Begging for Rain?

I never expected this:

The lake in our backyard. The lake in our front yard.


Hail in the backyard. Tony's former car just before it died.


Neighbor Matt kayaking at the end of our driveway during lull.

Matt checking on Tony, water past his knees. Neighbor's front yards.

Holy crap! Flash flood has a whole new meaning for me. 1 1/2 hours of 60 MPH winds and torrential rain. Wave two is wrapping up soon, we hope. Ken was stuck on I-94 for quite a while before doing a U-Turn and hopping on the back roads. Trees were down everywhere and it took him forever to zig-zag his way home dodging high water and debris.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked your basement yet for water? Do you have life jackets handy in the garage? Do you have a boat too, like your neighbor?

-Kells

Colleen said...

Basement appears to be fine. Dining room ceiling took on a little water as I failed to shut our bedroom window soon enough.

What can I say, I thought the rain would continue to come from the North. By the time it was over, we had rain blowing from the North, East and West.

Oops.

Anonymous said...

I guess Ohio doesn't look all that bad right now. On the other hand, I guess that is what we are going to see.

Papa loves you guys.

Colleen said...

Tony just called, his car has been officially totaled by his insurance company.

And that's probably a good thing, I'd hate to have to deal with the engine/electrical issues water like that would create.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's awesome. Denny had to argue a little bit ("I work in a body shop") before they totaled mine. The electrical is sure to be a mess.

-Kellie

Bobbie said...

Car will probably be cleaned up, shipped across the coutry and resold as slightly used.