Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blue Lagoon

Well, I finally ventured out after the storm to check up on a friend's house since they are having a great time far far away. (House was fine.) Then I ran 1/2 mile up the road to the gas station, and you would have thought that gas was going for $3/gallon, they were so busy. Seems everything South of the gas station was without power and a total mess with trees down all over Gull Road. (Hint for the locals: stay home.)

On my way back I caught some pictures of our neighborhood lagoon(s.) It was getting dark, but there should be two lagoons here, and they are now one big lake. Some of the neighbors backing up to them were livid when we tried to get the city to install fences around them, so I hope they're enjoying their stinky 'lake-view' now. Ugg.
Weather reports are saying that we were getting four inches of rain an hour, and I don't doubt that. Around here, when it rains it pours. Literally, I guess.

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

You told me once you wouldn't ever have to worry about water in your basement.

All it takes is one storm like yours and its all over. You are lucky it quit raining when it did.

Makes you understand more what Iowa is going through.

We have had our share of flooding in town too.

Colleen said...

Just telling what happened here, not saying it's any better/worse/different/similar to any other situation.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to:

the "GOOD SHIP WATER LOG"
It's great for frogs
and kids to wade
and splash in and who knows how much more?
O yeh, also a good breeding area for misquitoes.

As the saying goes "Be careful what you pray for."

Our lawn has never looked so good. It is costing a bunch to keep it mowed though.

Sister Donata

Colleen said...

The debris left behind is DISGUSTING!!! But you're very funny, Sister Donata!

I'm excited that I will get to mow soon! Our water has been completely absorbed already, not sure how the lagoons are looking, though.

Bobbie said...

The debris is always nasty !! Remember the acreage after it would flood??

Colleen said...

All I remember about the acerage flooding was that you'd inevitably get the tractor stuck in the mud and have me call my boyfriends to help you dig it out before Dad got home...

;P