Friday, July 25, 2008

Beef Hot-Links

Okay, I've tried numerous times to upload a short video of the boys singing a wonderful song (which I got to listen to all the way home from Nebraska.) The video kept failing to take, but the lyrics are pretty spectacular in their own right, so here goes... (To the tune of "Up on the roof, oh yeah, 100 proof, oh yeah,")

I got a beef... hot-link
I got a beef... hot-link
I got a beef... hot-link
I got a beef... hot-link

When they started this little melody, I had no idea what the heck they were saying but it didn't sound good. Finally I had to inquire about the little diddy, and Riley taught me the rest. It goes...

I say Hillshire, you say Farms
Hillshire! (Hillshire!) Farms (Farms!)
Go Meat!

I had no idea that this was a commercial, and judging from the actions that Shannon performed as he sang, I was unsure that the boys were actually referring to a food product. They are, aren't they?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Boy, nobody likes beef hot-links...

JunesHGP said...

never have heard that commercial
I have heard oscar meier commercials though!!

Colleen said...

Oops, it's supposed to be:

"I SAID a beef hot-link..." Hey, they're kids and all...