Monday, March 3, 2008

Uneventful Day

Today was pretty uneventful. We went to Mass this morning and we were the family that took the offeratory up to the Priest. Although Riley was mad that he had to pay attention to the service and Shannon was mad that I made him sit away from Corey, everybody did a nice job pretending that we were one happy family as we paraded down the aisle. Riley carried a container of hosts, Shannon carried the collection basket, and Corey held my hand nicely. After we passed everything over, Corey just pointed at the exit sign nearby before following us back to our pew, as opposed to making a run for it during Mass.

A major enlightenment occured this morning that was so amazing! Who knew that Shannon would be so well behaved at church if you just completely infuriate him during the entrance song, (which just happened to be Amazing Grace?) He glared with his arms crossed for half the Mass and didn't say a peep! It was a little embarrasing the way he was pouting, but it was so much better than the giggling and semi-quiet taunting that usually occurs.

Ken worked really hard on the basement today, just a little left before he begins to tape and mud. The boys are loving it, they never want to leave the basement now that Dad's always down there! Last night Riley and Shannon slept in the new bedroom for the first time. They did really well although Corey was a little confused this morning when he woke up first and couldn't find his brothers!

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Congratulations!

You made it this far, now select Anonymous and type something brilliant, for instance:

"Wow, Colleen, you are such a genius with this blog stuff!"

Then sign it something like this:

Your favorite daughter/daughter in law,
Colleen

Laura said...

Colleen,

I saw your comment on Steve L.'s blog and decided to check yours out! Your blog is a lot more funny than mine is!

Your favorite cousin,
Laura

Colleen said...

Laura,

You are very good at following directions. Because of this, you have been promoted to 'favorite relative that does not live with me and did not have anything to do with my conception.' Enjoy your status!

Your favorite cousin,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

It is a funcky version. Don't think I like it. Need to turn down the volume !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandma

Colleen said...

5 points for Grandma for the comment, -1 point for complaining! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have been visiting this "blog" at least once a day since I was given the "privelege" but I have been commenting verbally to your other ( I hesitate to say better)half on the exciting contact of the blog. To a "papa", all that he hears about his family is exciting. EXCELLENT job Colleen! I appreciate the detail (such as how the boys behaved in church) that don't normally come up in conversation so keep it up. The pics are always enjoyed. Are you going to let the boys write their own stuff? I think that might be cool.
Papa

Anonymous said...

I love your blog (BLOG) Colleen. Especially the overheard around the house part. You really should print it out. I had a cousin who used to write farmwife articles which were printed in her local paper and for a while in the LINCOLN or Omaha paper. Your stories blow hers away!! I have to find out who the Patron Saint for plumbers is so I can pray that the pipes never leak over your textured basement ceilings. Looks like Ken is doing a wonderful job.I like some of the music. Amazing Grace is Moms favorite song. Keep doing this. I look forward to what the kids have to say. Their comments are precious. Love Grandpa.

Laura said...

Colleen,

I would have commented on your blog without being told to!! I like it when people comment on mine, but, like you, I have problems with people actually leaving comments. I may have to do what you have done and leave specific directions for people so maybe they will do it! I know Cary's step-mom reads my blog, but she never comments. Occasionally, I get an email from her saying she read the blog, but that is it.

Thanks for the promotion! :) I will treasure it!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Colleen you play favorites way too easy! Can you send me the link to Laura's blog?

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Plus, I'd like to add that you are doing an excellent job in every area. And that's the truth!

-Kellie

Colleen said...

Kellie,

The link to Laura's blog is her picture in her comment section (double-click it) or the NEWLY ADDED LINK at the bottom of my blog.

You can also access either of our sites from the Landkamer forum.

Any questions... never mind, it's too technical for you.

BSF,
Weenie