Thursday, March 27, 2008

Germs, Cooties, and Other Annoying Creatures

I know I shouldn't complain, but I just can't help but think something may be wrong here. For four days now Corey has been taking afternoon power naps. Corey hasn't napped since he was two, by the way.

I know we're all recovering from bad colds/flu/whatever it was (except for Ken who is now in the thick of it,) but four days of napping? Today he slept for three and a half hours, woke up for one hour and went back to bed for the night. The only other indication that something might be wrong is that he has a runny nose. No fever, sore throat, tummy ache, ear ache, etc... Maybe it's just a growth spurt or maybe he just gets bored with sick Mommy so he figures he'll nap too.

-------------

Our biggest challenge lately is that Shannon and Corey will not keep their hands off of each other. I'll get Shannon behaving well and then the minute I take my eyes off the boys, Corey is running after Shannon threatening to touch him! When he does actually succeed in touching Shannon, Shannon hauls off and punches Corey in the middle of the back. Or Corey will be obsessing over his signs and Shannon will come up out of nowhere and pat Corey on the head. Next thing you know, Corey is whining and crying and running around the room trying to touch Shannon. It's wrong. Just wrong. The least they could do is get it right and yell "Cooties!" when they feel compelled to touch one another. Geeze.

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Maybe Corey has "Spring" fever? I hope.

Anonymous said...

I bet its just a growth spurt or maybe at school they are doing more large motor activities. Any more success on the potty. I am rooting for you!

-Heather

Anonymous said...

Coweenie, can you do me a favor? I've posted on grandma and grandpa's blogs, but they are not going through... So, I did some looking around, and their "comments are enabled, moderator must approve all comments." Can you tell Dad to approve all three comments that I've now posted for him, and the one I did for mom? She might not want to approve mine 'cause I called her out on the "mid-fifties" business!

-Kellie

Colleen said...

I can do that!

Bobbie said...

Would you please tell your sister that I read your blog too and I know what she is saying about me.

Colleen said...

It's so fun to be the family negotiator! If only this job paid, I'd be set!