Friday, March 7, 2008

You Smell Like Feet

It's the first Friday of Lent that I actually remembered to not eat meat! (It is SO hard to be a Catholic sometimes...) We just finished off our french toast dinner, one of the kid's favorite meals. I don't think it's the french toast they like so much, but the fact that I let them put cake 'sprinkles' on them. Whatever holiday sprinkles are on clearance, I buy them. Today we had Halloween sprinkles, which are very cool because we make spider webs with them. Once the black sugar crystals hit the syrup and start to melt I quickly slice the french toast with a pizza cutter and a web pattern appears. To top it all off, Corey usually eats all of his dinner when sprinkles are involved so whatever works for him works for me!

Today was 'Button Day' at Riley and Shannons school, where they could wear any button that had words on it, so last night I made a 'quick' run to Wal-Mart. (It's never 'quick,' but the intent is always there.) I could only find a three pack of buttons that each had a sarcastic bunny on them with various phrases. Typically I would have passed, the first two had the phrases, 'I hate everything,' and 'Like I need your approval.' But the third one was made for Shannon so I had to get them all. It read, 'You smell like feet.' This is only funny because just the other day he told Corey that he smelled like a dirty sock.

Ken's doing his last coat of mud tonight before he starts texturing the ceiling in the playroom. He wants to have the ceiling done and walls painted before the in-laws come on Thursday. A simple task aside from the fact that he has to work all week-end. I've been invited to help him start scrubbing the walls in preparation for paint! Lucky me. But if it means the project gets done, then I guess I'm game. I just don't know when I'll get to cleaning the house, but visitors around here are used to hearing that, right?

No comments: