Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who Do I Take to Nebraska?

Back into the old routines: up too early, breaking up fights, picking up toys, allergies kicking my butt. Ah, home!

I'm heading to Nebraska tomorrow for the Spring Game, a quick weekend trip by myself, ten hours driving down, ten hours back. Unfortunately, Grandma threw a wrench into my plans. Bring one of the boys, they can have my ticket to the game and I can play with them while you're out...

Not a bad idea, except I have 20 hours of driving to do and that would involve 20 hours of entertaining a child as I drive. It beats traveling with all three boys, but I'm not too sure it beats traveling by myself. On top of that, which boy do I bring with me?

Riley would be a cake-walk during the drive; he travels well, entertains himself, and at times carries-on very adult and entertaining conversations. Shannon, on the other hand, will talk endlessly on the ride, continuously asking if we're there yet, and will pretty much drive me crazy. However, he is my number one Husker Fan, and he would LOVE the game. Riley at the game? Not too interested. (Uncle Casey is pulling for Shannon, who we all dream will someday be wearing a jersey in Memorial Stadium.) Corey is a definite heck-no no matter what.

Help! I can always try to get Shannon to a real game this fall- Western Michigan (Ken's Alma Mater,) is playing NU in Lincoln this year, and that would be a riot. Tickets probably wouldn't materialize, though. I need some opinions and I need them today, I expect comments!!! (Do it now, or you'll forget!) Thanks.

-----

On a lighter note, last night Riley asked me if the shadows the vans were casting looked familiar. I couldn't help but noticed that they looked just like the figures from Easter Island. Riley quickly corrected me. They looked like Daddy's head...

8 comments:

Bobbie said...

Morning! I have just one comment. This is going to be a fast trip and for you would be so much simpler to come alone. You are going to be tired !!
Love ya,
Mom

Bobbie said...

Right on Riley !!!!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

I think that you should go alone! This is probably the last time in a while that you will have the opportunity to have some alone time. I would take advantage of it while you can. Besides, the next time I am in Lincoln you have to come with all the boys so they can see their auntie leigh!!:-)

Leigh

Anonymous said...

Come by yourself!

-Aunt Kells

Laura said...

Come by yourself!! :)

Laura

p.s. What is the plan for Saturday night?

Colleen said...

Saturday night... dancing at some country bar? Anyone? (We'll have to work to keep Kels from dancing on chairs...)

;0 :) ;-P

JunesHGP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JunesHGP said...

i would say come alone - but alas, I was busy again and didn't get to the post until too late. You are already on the road...but I must say, the shadow...Looks like SHREK to me.