Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Snack Food

The other night I was munching on some Pringles after putting the boys to bed, and as I was straightening up before going up to bed myself, I noticed I had left the lid on the counter. I went to grab the tin of Pringles to put them away and they were nowhere to be found.

This morning when questioned, the boys convinced me that Corey had snuck downstairs, grabbed the Pringles, and quietly rejoined his brothers to share them. (Hmmm....) I sent him upstairs to bring them back but Corey couldn't locate them. Early this evening, Shannon appears with a can of Pringles, desperately trying to convince me that Corey must have hid them under Riley's pillow, because that's where Shannon had found them. There were about ten Pringles left in a once-almost-full tin. So I sent Shannon back upstairs and ate the ten remaining Pringles.

Tonight the boys finally went to sleep and I decide to straighten up the house before turning in once again. The light was on in the main bathroom and I went in to shut it off when something caught my eye. There, hidden behind the toilet but still in range (I have three boys, if you know what I mean,) is an opened box of Oreo flavored Pop-Tarts. Just sitting there exposed to who knows what for who knows how long. A box of 8 is now a box of 3. Opened. By the toilet. I'm (unfortunately) assuming they were consumed in there, as well. In my well-used, rarely-sanitized, main-floor bathroom.

Bluch!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's is TOOOOO funny, I bet my time is coming.

~junebug

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose thats the reason the little james gang dont ever want to eat at mealtimes?

Grandpa

Colleen said...

That's a possibility!