Monday, April 7, 2008

Trapped!

I'm pulling in the driveway, it's ten minutes past the boys' bedtime, and I come across this contraption. It consists of 50 feet of outdoor extension cord, a big plastic tote, swing-set attachments and torn up bread. I knew it was a trap of some sort, and I figured they weren't trying to 'catch' me. (No chocolate.)

Shannon came running up to the van flailing his arms and screaming, "Get back, Mommy, don't mess it up! We're gonna get them birds!" So I gingerly made my way around everything and popped into the house for my camera. I grabbed the camera and yelled for the boys to come over so I could get a picture and Shannon threw a fit! I was too close, they couldn't get near it for a picture and if I didn't stop I was gonna ruin everything. Ignoring Shannon's tears, Riley managed to give me a quick demo, I got my picture and then I got away from there. This, unfortunately, is as close as he would let me get...





Needless to say, I don't see the boys being very successful, especially this late at night. Maybe tomorrow. And only if the birds really like doggie poo, because this is the part of the yard that it always turns up in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I was a kid. Big ideas are created in young minds. Sometime I'll tell you about our tanktrap during WW11. Love you, Dad

Colleen said...

Do that! On your blog!

Bobbie said...

Can you imagine being that age and how excited they were at the thought of catching a bird? What were they going to do with one if they caught it?

Mom

Anonymous said...

Your kids definitely have some of Bob's genes. I am surprised you haven't heard the tanktrap story yet. It gets better with every telling.

Sister

Colleen said...

(I think I have, if it involves Jerry and going down to spy on soldiers... I just want him to blog it for posterity!)