Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm On My Way to Jamaica, Mon!

Okay, unless there's miserable weather (should be 89 degrees and mostly sunny according to the forecast,) and unless there's free internet, (all inquiries are showing $5 a minute,) you won't hear back from me until Tuesday. We'll be driving to Detroit at 2:30 in the morning to catch our flight, and I should be nice and warm by noon. Sorry you'll have to miss it! I know most of you will be wringing your hands in boredom with no blogging on my end (aside from Grammie and Papa who will have their hands full with the boys,) but I'm hoping you'll survive. I might even be thinking about some of you on occasion, but for the life of me I can't think of what that occasion might be...

Speaking of the boys, I was making paper airplanes with the boys this morning and Riley made a paper-chain of people and put them in his airplane. Then he made a single paper person and put him in the airplane and said this was the pilot. He played around with it a little bit and then told me that everybody fell out of the airplane except for the pilot. Sounded ominous... I ran the bath and told the boys to jump in and the next thing I know Riley comes running all upset over something.

"Mommy, the airplane... it crashed into the water!" Sure enough, there it was in the tub. Do I have a reason to be paranoid about my upcoming flight?

------

Quick note about my music selection... some of you are aware of the fact that I hate Jamaican music but I did my best to find some that I like. The first song is tame, but if you're easily offended, turn the music player off completely before the second song. It's a hilarious parody on 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia,' and it has marijuana references because that's what Jamaica is known for. And, no, I won't be partaking in that activity, thank you!

Have a great week, ya'll, and look for pictures when I return. Later, mon!

1 comment:

JunesHGP said...

Last person I knew that went to Jamaica, MON, came back with their hair in dreads...is yours long enough for that?!?!?

Have FUN my dear friend.