Sunday, April 20, 2008

Home... again.

I step out of the car onto legs of Jello and listen in as Shannon and Riley reunite:

Shannon: "I got to go to a Husker game with Uncle Casey!"
Riley: "Oh, yeah? I got to go to Chuck-E-Cheese's!"
Shannon: "I got to play with Spencer!"
Riley: "So, I got to have dinner with Anna!"

Both: "Wahh, I didn't get to go where he was! NO FAIR!"

Cue whining for at least 30 minutes about the atrocities I'd committed over the weekend. Seems all I did this weekend was make everybody angry?

-----

I drove 1360 miles in less than 48 hours. I brought a child with me, which was never my intention. (How many times can you play I-Spy on a weekend trip, anyway?) I purchased nine tickets to a game that few were happy with. I walked ten blocks to and from the said game, and up to our seats in the 62nd row twice. (Uh, that was one boring game, by the way, but Uncle Casey was quite a trooper!) I danced with my brother-in-law to three songs, and with my sister to one and a half songs. We listened to really bad music for four hours. I got twelve hours of sleep the entire weekend. Oh, and did I mention that I was in a car for 20 hours, too?

My nerves are shot and my legs are useless. I think I'll go to bed.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry I missed you this weekend. Next time you are here, we'll have to get together. Hopefully I won't feel like poop like I did this past weekend. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm not mad at ya sweet cheeks!!

~j-bug

They call me the fireman...that's my name....

:0) don't even ask me where that came from - but I hope it made you smile...cuz...You're nobody called today and she hung up when I asked her name...well, I wonder...

Colleen said...

June,

You totally just made me smile! My two bestest out-with-June songs! Haven't heard them in ages, I'll have to have nobody set my house on fire so I can link the songs to my blog!