Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sign In

I've been trying to think of an appropriate gift for Ms. Welborn, who has been Corey's ECDD teacher for the last three years. For three years she's had to listen to Corey repeat questions, read signs, and redirect conversations toward his current obsessions. Next year it will be another teacher's turn, as he will be entering Kindergarten. I wanted to get Ms. Welborn something that would remind her of Corey every time she saw it, and something that had nothing to do with apples or pencils (ask a teacher what I mean by this!) Anyhow, I think I may have nailed her gift:

A street sign that she can hang in her classroom with her name on it! I love the idea, and I hope she likes it, too! Corey had no idea that I'd gotten this for her, and when we went to the sign shop to pick it up, he just about peed his pants. Signs everywhere! After he got over the excitement of the store, I gave him another big surprise, which by the way, he loves:

If this doesn't work, nothing will! He can't wait to take it to school to show all of his school-friends... uh, okay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them! I wish I could have been there in that sign store to see Corey's face. It must have been priceless.

-Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love Corey's new sign. Maybe take it away if he doesn't use the potty?

-Aunt Kells

Bobbie said...

Love the signs !!

JunesHGP said...

lllooooooooove it!!!!!!!!!

(I know how you love the use of all my exclamations) :0)

But I totally think those signs ROCK. I like Kells suggestion too, but since you are such an awesome mommy, you prob already thought of that!!