Friday, June 13, 2008

Officially Summer

Well it's 1:25 in the afternoon on the first full day of summer vacation and I still haven't had a shower. The boys haven't had a bath yet, either. I need to establish a daily routine or I'll grow fatter and sleep the summer away.

The good news? I was out of bed by 9:30, there was only minimal amounts of dried cereal throughout the house, I fed the boys both breakfast and lunch by 12:30, mowed the lawn, cleaned the garage, played some basketball and swept the kitchen floor. I wonder how long before my productive phase wears off?

Well, off to fry some chicken legs, vacuum and take a shower before Shannon's T-ball game later this afternoon. Assuming that the storm front doesn't hit before then - you know the one that hung around over Nebraska and Iowa for days? Guess what, it's our turn!

3 comments:

liz.mccarthy said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog! Did you know I run a support group for micro preemies weighing under 2 lbs at birth, we'd love to have you join, there are a number of our members with older preemies.

Here's the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreemieBlogMoms/

Colleen said...

Crap! About the time I posted this, I lost my energy! But I did manage to add a couple new widgets to my blog.

The search box is for my blog only and is will just bring up words in the actual posts, not the sidebar.

The weather map isn't great, but perfect for local warnings and such. You Iowa and Nebraska people should get one of these. It's trickier than most gadgets for installation, but I can help you if you need it!

JunesHGP said...

Well, I am impressed. I don't know too many moms of 3 who get to sleep until 9:30. It sure doesn't ever happen around here.

But then again - I don't get all that other crap done either.

SO I guess that makes us about even?