Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Issues

Riley has been complaining of stomach pain on and off since June 7, his symptoms similar to ones both I and Ken had been experiencing. It seemed like a minor bug that makes you feel nauseous off and on and also becomes more obvious when hungry or full. For a few days, the bug seemed to have passed, but now Riley's complaining of pain again as nightfall approaches. He tosses and turns at night and switches beds and sleeping positions every ten minutes. I know this because he was in and out of my bed twice last night. Here's a couple of positions I caught him in (and I have no idea what Corey is doing in Riley's room, so don't ask!)

Sorta spooning, he's usually curled up in a ball as of late.

Um, hiding under a pillow... is it nightmares or Corey's breath?

Another thing I noticed when viewing these pictures (aside from the fact that the water-filled sippy has a serious leak?) Corey is getting really tall and looks more like Riley every day.

---------------

With a high temperature of 67 degrees yesterday and no chance of water play, I drug the boys to the library. What a fiasco! A craft session was just ending, there were children and mom's everywhere, and the warning that you must be extra quiet in a library was proven false, (and don't think my boys didn't catch on.) With all the chaos, all I wanted to do was get out of there, and all the boys wanted to do was run around loudly like the other children.

After Shannon nearly knocked over an 8 foot tall display, we left. I must confess, I wasn't even a little embarrassed when I noticed a mom laughing at my frustrations in trying to get the kids buckled into the car. An empty threat, most likely, but I ran out of things to scare the boys with so I said in my most stern Mommy's-very-mad voice, "Keep it up, boys, and when we get home, I'm going to introduce you to the fine art of scrubbing toilets!"

Once again, I didn't follow through, because here I am, the next day, gearing up to clean all four bathrooms. "Oh, Riley..."

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Corey does look a lot like Riley at times !!!!!!

Except for the receding hairline....

(Wonder where that comes from...)

JunesHGP said...

I know...I know!!!

Wonder what the "bug" is - have you called a dr office to ask?

NDHusker said...

lol - the toilet cleaning threat. Funny.

My kids were far enough apart that we only had to deal with one at a time. We never really had the "triple" trouble when going out.

Hope your sanity is back now and the weather warms up so you can go outside.

I am gearing up for next weekend when the McQuades softball tournament will be in town - that is always a good time.

Colleen said...

Yeah, well some crazy lady said, "Have your children close together, you'll never regret it!" Hmm... Lemme give you a hint, she had five children in five years. I'm the youngest of the five.

Actually, I'm glad I did it this way, baby crap went out the window all at once and I have storage space that does not include strollers and cribs. I would hate to have to start all over... ya hear that, Ken?

Anonymous said...

Weenie, hoping Riley is feeling better. Give him Aunt Kells love.

Anonymous said...

Our friend Randy that I told you about does have food poisoning. Did Riley eat any tomatoes?

-Kellie