Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5, 6, 7

Well, today my trouble maker Shannon is 6. I decorated the kitchen with multiple number 6's and red balloons last night before bed, then awoke this morning to an unhappy Birthday boy. Seems I should have decorated the living room, too, and why didn't I blow up the entire pack of balloons? (Note to self, hide the package so the boys don't know how many I purchased...) I tell ya, it's one of those days already.

We'll be taking him to a water park when it gets a little warmer to truly celebrate, and he'll be getting a new basketball hoop that will hopefully be installed in a timely manner. I told him that for dinner we can have whatever he wants, anything at all. "Whatever I want? Hmm... how about HOT DOGS!" he decided. Ugg. Boiled hotdogs, none the less.

Here he is with some of his (disappointing) decorations:


There is a bright side, though. For the next three months I won't feel the need to explain how my kids could possibly be the ages they are. I can just say, "Oh, the boys? They're 5, 6, and 7."

12 comments:

Bobbie said...

Happy birthday Shannon !!! Love your sixes....

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Shannon! I hope that you have a fantastic birthday!

Love,

Aunt Leigh

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big boy!
-Aunt Kells

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!There is something special about being six years old! I hope you had a happy day. Ilove you.

Grandpa.

Bobbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbie said...

Don't know why you feel the need to explain the ages of the kids. I never did with Casey and Dan. Didn't with you and Shannon either. I just left them with their mouths hanging open. Dad? He would just tell them the TV was broken.

Colleen said...

That's funny Mom!

No, people always heard 7, 5, and 5, and said, "Oh, are they twins?"

Then it turned into, "No, they're 8 1/2 months apart, although Corey was a twin..."

Anonymous said...

Love the comment about dad! I am the only one of 5 who does not share her age with a sibling! Good timing parents!


-Kellie

Bobbie said...

Kellie,
He really did.

Bobbie said...

Guess Shannon didn't like his birthday present, as we haven't heard a word. Maybe next year.

Colleen said...

I offered to have him call you! I was just going to have him call you Saturday.

He loved it, and the Sonic game had been ruined so we let him have it. He's been busy playing it ever since!

Anonymous said...

I believe Dad said that! Sure sounds like something he'd say!
-Kellie