Monday, August 11, 2008

While You Were Out

While we were in Ohio, a friend needed to use our dryer. "No problem, you know how to break into our house (ancient Chinese secret,) go for it," we said. Then I got to thinking, in what state did I leave the house? Did I have time to clean? How bad could it be?

Uhh... bad. Walking into our stale home yesterday, my feet immediately stuck to the kitchen floor and our bags stuck to the kitchen table. The living room was littered with kid junk and Pokemon cards, and the entire house was coated in a fairly thick layer of dust. (Okay, it's always dusty, but still.) How freaking embarrassing! (Especially since this particular neighbor's home is always immaculate when she disappears for any length of time.) Argh!

I was too busy unpacking, grocery shopping, and mowing yesterday to tackle the mess(es,) so today I took some time to remedy that little situation. I scrubbed the kitchen floor, vacuumed the main level, and even cleaned the ceiling fan, (baby wipes are awesome for this, by the way.) I might just tackle some wall scrubbing before the day is over...

6 comments:

Laura said...

Baby wipes, huh? Never would have thought of that. I'll have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Baby wipes sound good to me!

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

I guess that you never heard about the the little gremlins ("Not me" and "I didn't do it") who mess things up when your not looking or if you're not home. They do exist, because we had them in our house for years and it seems that you may have inherited them.
Papa

Colleen said...

I believe you, Papa, because I grew up with them, too, according to my mother.

The ones around here answer are referred to as, "I dunno..."

Bobbie said...

Darn !! Wish I could have gotten there first to write my name in the dust like somebody else I know used to do.

Anonymous said...

hey - can you come tackle mine while your at it? I can even give you some baby wipes.
I located an old friend of mine recently and she said that the little "gremlins" at her house were always referred to as "jimmy did it"

still wont let me log in.
j-bug