Monday, August 25, 2008

My trip to the Scrapbook convention went really well, and to top it off, I came home early - and with money left over! I got a great calendar kit which will look much better than the one I made for this year. I've been working on it ever since I made it home from my trip.

The boys are just so bored and frustrated with each other that if school doesn't start soon, there will be bloodshed, I am certain. This morning I'm dragging them up to their school so I can get some PTO work done. They will get to run all over the playground while I work, so hopefully they will get used to the idea of being in the general vicinity of the school? We also find out their class assignments in the morning, so that will be a little exciting.

Today Ken was just sitting around and accomplishing nothing (as usual,) and I brought my displeasure with this situation to his attention. In other words, I started nagging. I asked him if he thought there was something else he could do in a day aside from going to work, playing computer games or napping. His response? "There's nothing else to do."

Uh-huh. Right. I started running down a never-ending list of thing that I'd been asking him to do all summer. "Clean the garage, organize the garage, patch the cracks in the garage, fix my printer, run stuff down into storage, install the outlet I've been needing...." He just looked at me for a minute and goes, "Okay."

Next thing I know, Ken's vacuuming the living room and then getting out the carpet scrubber! (Not exactly my priority, but I'll take what I can get...) The carpets look 100% better, and I'm a happy girl. Except for the fact that now, in comparison, my tiled kitchen floor looks really grubby and dirty, (chocolate cupcakes + watermelon + 3 little boys will do that to a floor.) Hmm... somebody's going to have to take care of that.

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Next week at this time you will be wondering why you wanted school to start. Back into the hectic routine.

And your Ken list will still be there. Undone....

JunesHGP said...

Why is it that they always DON"T do exactly what we ask them to do? All the experts say you have to tell a man what you want - and when you do, you still don't get it. :0)

Then again, YOU did get 2 days without 4 boys, $100 spending money AND clean carpets....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ME thinks someone made out like a bandit. Oh - and happy bday Old Irish.

Bobbie said...

You've got a point there June.