Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Haircuts

The boys were in dire need of haircuts so I pulled out a photo of one of Ken's friends, circa 1986, and requested that my boys get their hair feathered just like the geek in the picture. Good haircuts followed, but you can't really see the feathering because the boys opted for gel filled spikes after the cuts were done. Well, except for Shannon, who insisted (after seeing Riley's haircut) that he wasn't going to get that ugly hairstyle, and besides, "... my friends will all laugh at me!"

Corey and Riley letting me take a picture.

Shannon insisting that I not send this picture to anybody.
(I'm not. I'm putting it in my blog.)

As you can see, (sort of,) Shannon's hair is no different than before. Just like he wanted it.



12 comments:

JunesHGP said...

I soooooooooooo LOVE Corey's Haircut!!!!!


(I know - I am soooo stuck in the 80's)


LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
jbug

Colleen said...

If you enlarge the first picture and look at Corey you can see why I WANT HIS EYELASHES!!!

So handsome... but then again, I'm his mom so I'm a little biased.

Anonymous said...

Riley looks SO happy in the first picture!

What cute haircuts, where do you take them to get theirs done? Is a chain or a local place? I have been taking Mateo to MopTops (not sure if you have those, but it's a kids place)and he always gets the crappiest haircuts!

Any suggestions!!

By the way, I need your mom's e-mail so I can arrange a time next weekend to go over and visit.


Love,
Flea

Anonymous said...

Great haircuts Colleen! So handsome!

Kellie

Colleen said...

Flea,

Great Clips. Free balloons when they're done. $12. My kids do horrible if there is too much kid stuff or videos when it's haircut time.

JunesHGP said...

We go to Great Clips to - the gal we have is WONDERFUL.
THe only thing I don't like is they don't take appointments and I have to drive an hour to get there.

but it is worth it - if I get my gal! She is grrreat with the kids.

No balloon here - but a free dum-dum sucker.

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time I will go to Great Clips. Mateo has weird hair and no one seems to know how to cut it properly.

Flea

Anonymous said...

Flea, how is Mateo's hair weird?

-Kellie

Riley said...

Umm... it came from his MOM.

'nuff said. (hehe)

Lemme guess, a little curly with cowlicks like Daddy's but a little straight like Mommy's?

Colleen said...

OOPS! The perils of having two bloggers in the family... Riley was signed in and I posted under his name!

By the way, if you want to see his blog, just click on the blue Riley up above. He's very proud of it and wants LOTS of comments!

Anonymous said...

He has the weird cowlick on the back of his head and it never lays straight. He always looks like Dennis the Menace. I guess the haircut should go with the personality!!! It's pretty much a crap shoot to see how his hair is going to end up.

Flea

Bobbie said...

Ummmmmm.

Grandma