Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday, Sunday...

Just another Sunday. Ken took Riley to church this morning while I got myself and the other boys ready. When they got home we went on another stressful outing to Home Depot. Nothing like three boys in a race-car shopping cart and a narrow aisle full of people looking for a good deal on Behr paint! Only one kid was bleeding by the time we left (Shannon) so I guess I should view it as a successful trip.

NASCAR officially started today, so we're back to napping away the afternoon as we pretend to watch the race. Ken has an uncanny knack of waking up whenever there is a wreck or when there's 30 laps to go. Doesn't hear the phone or the kids, but he knows when the race needs attention. As we enjoyed our little slumber the kids had the run of the house and did only minor damage. Boogity, boogity, boogity... (and if you don't understand that, you don't watch NASCAR.)

Finally it was my turn to head to church for 7:00 pm service. Always my preferred service because it's too late to drag any kids along and because I get to enjoy a 'classic country' show on the local radio station on the ride home. I had to laugh, tonight they played "War is Hell on the Homefront Too," a song I remember singing along with as a child. When I was 7. I had no idea what that song was referring to. (Just so you know, it's about a teenager who is seduced by a lonely woman whose hubby is away at war.) My favorite blunder from that musical era is the song "Jose Quervo." I always thought Jose was a person who the singer liked to eat limes and salt with. It made sense to me!

Ken tried to hook Corey's birthday present up tonight, I'm hoping he figures it out by tomorrow night. We got him a functional soon-to-be hardwired two-way LED EXIT sign and he will hopefully just love it. Maybe it will break his addiction to signs? I'm hoping if he sees it everyday, when he points them out in public I can say "just like at home," and be done with it. I also saw a stand-up wet-floor sign at Home Depot today and almost got it. Ken said he thought the exit sign was enough, and we should get Corey an actual 'toy' for his birthday. Anybody who knows Corey knows the wet-floor sign is better than a toy. I'll have to go pick that up tomorrow regardless, because I really can't think of anything else to get the kid!

High winds and snow coming tonight. Should be a fun morning!

No comments: