Thursday, February 28, 2008

School Work

Happy 60th birthday, Grandma!

Well, another fascinating day in the Herubin household. Today we had a half day of school, an annoying little thing our school district often does to confuse and bewilder stay-at-home moms. Corey's bus was 15 minutes later than expected because the driver had to wait at one home for ten minutes due to the parent forgetting about the schedule change. I couldn't complain, with the way my memory has been slipping I'm sure to do the same eventually.

Ken and I went to parent/teacher conferences tonight and the teachers told us what we already knew. (No, not that our kids are brilliant....) It seems Shannon and Riley are just perfect angels at school, imagine that. I keep requesting that the teachers remember to actually send the perfect angels home but all I get at the end of the day are rowdy, quarrelling little boys. It's just not right! At least the bus drivers admit to seeing their devilish sides, so I guess the boys don't save it all just for me.

Corey's Physical Therapist is retiring after today, so we're dreading that change. He has grown very comfortable with Dawn during the last two years and therapy is play-time when he sees her. She knew all his little quirks and how to make him stretch longer without forcing a melt-down. She also knew just which toys would distract him from the horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad hamstring stretches that he hated so much, and it will interesting to see how he gets on with his new PT next week.

Dang, I just remembered that tomorrow is Hat Day at school, one of Riley's favorite theme days. Riley wanted to make a hat to wear, but he's been in bed for over an hour. I'd better start digging for one. Or two. Shoot, Shannon needs one as well. Hmm... While I'm at it, anybody have any butterfly wings I can borrow? Riley will be needing those for his 2nd Grade music program next month. Argh, who knew being crafty was such an important prerequisite for motherhood?

(See music player!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great - just great. I did not even go to that silly music player and still...I can NOT get that song out of my head. UUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
You better be glad that I like you! :0)

-junebug

Anonymous said...

Oh - and happy birthday to grandma as well. :0)