Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Street Lights, Exit Signs, All for Corey...


Today was the day everything fell into place for Corey's birthday! Ken managed to get the Exit sign up and working (love the glow of the LED's,) and I've got mom's gift (street light) ready to plug in before the boys get up in the morning. 12'' cut-out number 5's are spread throughout the kitchen and I pick up his birthday cake sometime before noon tomorrow.

Yes, the one-time Betty Crocker wanna-be has turned in her icing tips. For two years now I've tried to do elaborate cakes, from the barbie-doll cakes for the neighbor girls, to the rounded ice-cream filled eyeballs; I've tried decorating every kind of cake I care to. The sad thing about this lack of effort is that I could actually do Corey's 5-year cake with my eyes closed and I'm paying Meijers to do it instead.

Since signs are so big for Corey, I requested a simple 1/4 rectangular sheet cake to say, "SPEED LIMIT 5." Sadly, the lady at the bakery just could not picture what I was trying to describe so I actually had to draw it out for her. I worry that I might just be making a last-minute cake after all although I really don't see how she could screw it up. Could she? Cross your fingers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love ya Corey.

Grandma