Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentines

It's been a pretty good Valentine's Day! It began at 2:30 AM, when Ken got home from work and dropped seven candy bars in my lap and said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" Sadly, this is my idea of a perfect gift; cheap and fattening. So thoughtful!

We went to bed, only to have the boys wake us up a few hours later at 8:00 AM. They came into our room and told us to get ready for a treasure hunt. Apparently Riley and Shannon were up at 6:00 AM making signs and taping them to our walls (they had to stop when they ran out of tape,) which finally led to a homemade valentine card just for their mommy and daddy. It was so sweet!

Later on in the day, I sat the boys down with some pre-assembled gingerbread houses (sloppily pre-assembled by me,) along with a disgusting amount of valentine candy, and we made some sticky masterpieces. They turned out... well, they turned out. It was a mess but it was worth it.

8 comments:

JunesHGP said...

How fun!!!! What in the world were you doing up at 2:30 am?

The treasure hunt sounds soooo fun - I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to think of that on their own!!!

gingerbread houses - for valentine's?!?! (were they left over from Christmas?!?!) hehehe :0)

Sounds like you had the perfect day!!

JunesHGP said...

And why 7 candy bars? Do you have 7 favorites? What were they? Maybe he bought one for every grand he spent on the snowmobile?
Did he get to use it this weekend...did you guys get the snowstorm we did?

ok.

think that is it...
hehe

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

-Aunt Kells

Bobbie said...

So sweet.

Is that a current picture of the boys?

Colleen said...

June, we were supposed to make this craft at the library and I completely forgot about it so I did them at home.

7 candybars? I dunno why. I guess he was trying to cover all his bases? Or one for every hundred he spent on the snowmobile (it's a used older model.)

By the way, I saw your pictures, that's not a snowstorm, that's a dusting. We got a dusting as well, not enough to ride on. I'm just heartbroken. (Ha, right.)

Mom, that picture was taken yesterday. They look so small when you put them next to a fireplace.

JunesHGP said...

Hey - my pictures were 2 days AFTER our snowstorm. We actually had about 6 inches - and I know that isn't much, but throw in 30mph winds and we had almost complete whiteout - 1/2 mile visibility, schools closed or out early, and roads SUCKED. (even by my standards)

It was not FUN trying to get home in it.

You sound like you are in a funk again?!?!?!?

Colleen said...

No, see my email!


I always have to give a little crap to midwesterners when referring to snowstorms...

JunesHGP said...

You have 3 very handsome young men!!