Monday, June 29, 2009

40

Somebody turned 40 around here today. The boys wanted me to put paper 40's around the kitchen, as I do for every birthday, but I decided one large number was sufficient.

I think it gets the point across.

Ken didn't get the party he wanted for numerous reasons, but he did get a spectacular birthday 'cake.' I kid.

Okay, last minute idea after I baked them.

The boys thought it was great and they were great sports while I took pictures of them with their dad.

My boys.

Even though Ken got his 48-inch birthday present a few months ago, I felt bad about not throwing him a party. So yesterday I grabbed myself, I mean KEN, a new iPod Touch and loaded it up with all kinds of goodies for me, I mean KEN, to play with. Overall, I think we had a great birthday.

5 comments:

JunesHGP said...

I stopped by JUST to tell Ken HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea it was his 40th? I prob should have - am sure we talked about it at some point.
He's now as old as my old man...er...I mean hubby!!! :0)

Hope you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!!! Wow, the big 4-0!! Hope it was a good one!

Love,
Flea

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kenny. Love the cake Colleen.

-Kellie

Anonymous said...

WHAT! My youngest is 40? How can than be? I'm 45, or was it 55? Or was it 65? Hmmmmm.
Happy Birthday Ken, or was it 35? Hmmmmmm. I may stuck in a time warp! Are you sure Ken is 40?
Hey! I just thought of something; that means that you're married to a 40 year old, or was it 35? Hmmmmmm.
Papa

Colleen said...

I am married to a very old man, Papa. Your YOUNGEST is OLD.

You know where that puts you.

(Hint: It's NOT 35.)