Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Theriously?

Corey has had four loose teeth for months now, and today the little left bottom one finally annoyed him so much that he asked me to fix it. I was pretty impressed that he was willing to let me pull it and when he walked up to me and opened his mouth I just reached in and yanked it out on the first shot. Trust me, that never happens with me...

...and apparently that was what Corey was counting on. He was as surprised as I was to see his little tooth in my hand and I started to get all excited and self-congratulatory when Corey let out a ear piercing scream. He cried and cried and cried, so hard that he could barely breathe. Finally he was going at it so much that he started dry heaving and I knew I had to do something.

I screamed, "Knock it OFF, Corey, it's just a tooth!" The room fell silent as Corey stopped crying immediately and gave me a stunned look. "I know, Mom," he said with urgency, "but I MISS my tooth and now I can't make the 'TH' sound!" I just looked at him like "WTF???" (which according to Corey would sound like, "Wot da twuck?") and he started bawling all over again. Then I left the room and laughed my butt off.

Post Script: Guess who is not willing to let some crazy tooth fairy guy come into his room tonight, money under the pillow be damned?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS MY TOOTH!
haha

Riley

Colleen said...

♥ ya, Buddy, now get to bed!

♥ Mommy

Anonymous said...

Sure glad to see one of you still blogging.
Now Cory can sing the song "All I Want For Christmas is my two front teeth"

Donata

Anne said...

Oh too funny.

Corey, my tooth fairy's name was Larry. He was awesome, and he used to leave me notes on the door of my room.

One of his relatives- Mary- is the fairy who visits our house. I requested a male tooth fairy, but we can't always get what we want.